2/21/2011

Dybt Vand

Dybt vand (Deep water) - a fantastic song by the singer of the danish rockband Grand Avenue, Rasmus Walter. I heard it on the radio some times and it's one of those songs, I like more and more every time I hear them.
Aaand the video is really cool. I mean: Snow + wolf = yay!



Lyrics:

Du kigger ind, du kigger ind
For at få et glimt, få et glimt
Af hvad de andre gør, de andre
Af hvad de andre gør

Hvem er du nu, hvor er du nu
Er du blevet for meget, er du blevet for lidt
Ja, hvad tror du på, hvad tror du på
Alt det, de andre siger

Kom nu og flyt dig lidt
Kom nu og gi dig lidt
Ja, du er som du gør
Du gør som du er
Ja, du på dybt vand nu

Du vælter ind, du vælter ind
Ja, med ingenting, ingenting
Hvad skal du nu, hvor skal du hen
Hvad tænker du på

Hvad blev der af, hvad blev der af
Alle de ting du sagde, de ting du sagde
Ja, nu løber du, nu løber du
Hvor de andre går

Kom nu og flyt dig lidt
Kom nu og gi dig lidt
Du er som du gør
Du gør som du er
Ja, du på dybt vand nu

Kom nu og ryk dig lidt
Kom nu og vis dig lidt frem
Ja, du siger hvad du tør
Du tør hvad du siger
Men du på dybt vand nu
Ja, du på dybt vand nu
Oh, på dybt vand nu
Ja, du på dybt vand nu

Kom nu og flyt dig lidt
Kom nu og gi dig lidt
Ja, du er som du gør
Du gør som du er
Ja, du på dybt vand nu

Kom nu og ryk dig lidt
Kom nu og vis dig lidt frem
Ja, du siger hvad du tør
Du tør hvad du siger
Men du på dybt vand nu

Du på dybt vand nu

--
I couldn't find the lyrics somewhere, so I wrote them down by listening. And I'm not sure if it's all correct, since my danish is really poor. (Especially about the "blid". But I wasn't able to come upon another similar sounding word in my dictionary lol. I hope it makes sense at all. Of course, I'm grateful for any offer, which sounds more correct...)

17 comments:

  1. "blid" should be "blevet" :-) and "Ja, du er som du går" should be "Ja, du er som du gør". i don't know if rest of it is correct - but it sounds good to me.
    I'm kind of in doubt if it should be "du vil der ind" or "du vælter ind"...

    I agree in that it's a really good song! and that the video has an amazing look!
    I couldn't find the lyrics either:-(
    Btw - i don't think that your danish is poor at all!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, "blevet" sounds actually much better! Thank you!
    And "du er som du gør" is, what I also thought at first. But since I wasn't sure, I googled both of it, and Google gave me a translation for "du gå som du er" as "you are, what you are". So I thought, this could have been meant here.
    But okay, I'll change it then.

    Mange tak for hjælpen! ~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why you thougt that:-)
    How have you learnt to speak danish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with danish music last summer (when I was in Vestjylland for a holiday) and then my wish to learn this language grew the following months.
    So I started learning it by the help of a Podcast (Copenhagencast.com) and last month, I also bought a language textbook. Plus, I listen to danish radio or watch danish tv-programs almost every day.

    I hope, that I can use it a little bit on my next trip to Denmark >u<

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you really have the hang of it! (I'm from Denmark.) Do you have family in Denmark og have you just decided to go for a holiday here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you! That really means a lot to me! <3

    I unfortunately don't have family in Denmark, but I've been there very often for holiday during my childhood.
    And next time, I'll travel to Copenhagen to visit a concert of De Eneste To (in April).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool that you like Denmark so much! even though i don't get why;)

    They make some really nice songs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey.
    I've seen the video of the song last weekend and I totally fell in love with it. It was also the 1st time I've heard the song, but I marked the name to check it again. and, as I'm not very good in Danish, I needed to see lyrics to understand the song better(you know, still learning the language).

    You've done a great job, and I think I might come back to your blog:)

    Regards
    Aurelija

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Anonymous: I don't get it either, when people tell me, that they like Germany lol. But I think you have a different view on countries, you don't live in.
    To me, Denmark is a beautiful country. But I somehow love whole Scandinavia anyway. And due to my expieriences, I think that danish people are less arrogant than germans. But that's maybe just my point of view...

    --

    @ Aurelija: Thank you. Nice to hear that I could help a little bit, although I'm still learning it myself. I think, music is a good thing to help with learning a language :)

    And of course your very welcome to come again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alt hvad de andre gør = Af hvad de andre gør.
    Bemærk du nu = Hvem er du nu.
    Alt de ting du sagde = Alle de ting du sagde.

    Det er meget flot oversat. Thumbs up!!! :-)

    Venlig hilsen
    Astrid fra Danmark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edited.
    Tusind tak for hjælpen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! thank you Aki for the lyrics. I want the lyrics at this song also "Det stille angreb", if someone can help me, send them please at catalin_pintilie@yahoo.com or... on facebook - Pintilie Catalin. Thanks a lot; Tak.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks dude :)
    If you could get lyrics of Det stille angreb too it would be great. Always a little sad for a guy like me who tries to learn Danish, hears an interesting song on dr or somewhere else and still needs the lyrics but can't find any with google ):

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey - i just wrote down the lyrics for Det Stille Angreb and added guitar chords to it.

    Enjoy :)

    http://www.tabz.dk/se.php?id=2486&titel=ok

    BrianB

    ReplyDelete
  15. I CAN'T believe I only just stumbled upon this song, it's wonderful! And you did a great job translating the lyrics! I'm Danish (and live there ;)so if you ever have any questions about language or lyrics, don't hesitate to ask :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det er jeg også - så det er ikke den store accomplishment :) - men tak :)

      BrianB

      Delete
    2. Flot - det var ikke mig du skrev til :D

      BrianB

      Delete

english, danish or german plz